Sunday, November 8, 2009

small victory for mom


Attached picture is before this...

Tonight I actually did something I wanted to do as a mom, but haven't. When I was pregnant I had all these glorious visions of doing activities with my child and spending quality time with him. But so often that has not not happened. And when he gets too tired in the evening it is all too easy to turn on the television to try to mellow him out.

So tonight, I pulled out my toddler activity book, which I recently got to try to get me started. I know I'm late he is over 2 now, almost 2 1/2. Anyways...I went to an activity which I thought would be easy to do. Peanut Butter play dough, and its edible. Honey and dry milk and we are good to go. I actually held Raffi's attention for 30 minutes. I made a dog and a cat in the dough then we made balls and tossed them into a bowl and counted. And after the peanut butter dough was successfully in Raffi's hair, we did coloring with markers on his big coloring book.

It was wild and crazy fun! And kept his attention and let his dad get some work done. He still was a bit hyper after but at least he wasn't leaping off the window cill to the bean bag!

1 comment:

JulieandCaleb said...

Yaaaaay for peanut butter play doh and fewer theatrical dives off of the window sill!