Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hello from Seattle!

We are currently in Seattle this week. Hubbie had a work conference, so we tagged along. Needless to say, Raffi and I are having more fun than he is.

Our trip started this past Sunday as we flew from SFO to Seattle. Of course, as airlines go, stuff happens. We left our house at around 1pm for a 4:15p flight. Checking in and security was a little sweaty but a breeze. As we got to our gate, there was a notice that their was a delay of an hour. So we finally boarded the plane sometime after 5pm. And I could see some workers in the cockpit. Not a good sign. The captain announces that their is some mechanical minutia that needs to be fixed. We wait. and wait. Then they say it is going to be some time, so they let us off the plane to wait at the gate. Which was a godsend with Raffi. He just loved to run around the airport. Such wide open spaces, he would just giggle and run! I hope to get video of it on the way back. So finally, the mechanical things were "fixed" or whatever and we were off. We got to our hotel room at 10:50pm. Luckily, right in time to order room service before it closed.

So flying with a toddler. Just flying in general is not my favorite thing to do. Raffi did pretty good. He got fussy, here and there, but overall he was a champ!

So far this week, Raffe and I ate are way through Pike Place Market, shopped, went to the art museum, aquarium, and then back to the Pike Place Market for more food. Well, I guess I ate the most, but Raffi did try some new foods. I have been pigging out. Some good stuff.

I've made some observations about traveling with a kid, as well. You find all the elevators and you pick restaurants based on whether they have a high chair, etc. Most people either have/had their own kids, so they understand or they are nice about it. And then their are other people that just don't get it.



One worker at the art museum treated me like I was an idiot. I know my brain isn't what it used to be (and you know it wasn't much before anyway) but just because I look tired and carrying enough loads to pack a mule, and my child might get fussy and ruin your ambiance, doesn't give you the chops to treat me like an idiot. Ok, that was my rant about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Thanks for a Saturday morning lol. Aunt Ker