Friday, May 9, 2008

Are you on a schedule?

That is a frequent mommy question? I usually say "not really." We eat when he is hungry and sleep when he is tired. Raffi was hungry a lot the first...well he still is. But today demonstrated that we do have a schedule. Or more correctly, Raffi has parameters that he operates under and those are not met; meltdown city here we come. The stroller hike group that I go to changed the hike away from the close trail to farther away. So I felt that maybe we won't go on a walk at all.

Raffi and I were hanging around on the ground in front of the TV watching the golf tourney and I asked him what he wanted to do. He just smiled. So late in the morning, I looked at my belly and decided I needed to go for a walk. As we were driving to the park/trail I saw the sprinkler stains on the car and decided I needed to get the car washed. Bad idea. Mini-meltdown in the car wash. He recovered and we made it to the park, into the stroller and on the trail.

We had gone for about fifteen minutes when I looked at him to say hello. And that was it. Meltdown like Chernobyl. I realized that he should have been waking up from his nap at this point; it was like noon. Mommy messed up. I tried to walk and weave so he would fall asleep. It was not happening. He was upset and no stroller walk was going to soothe this beast.

So to end this story that is dragging in details; we made it back home. Raffi took a nap and ate lunch at 3:00pm. So I guess my answer is yes, we are on a schedule.

Solids (food) at 8a/9a, nap at 11am, solids at 1p, nap at 3p, and solids at 5/6pm. And occasional nursing snacks in between. Then there is play time with Dad, bath, reading and bedtime. So that pretty much sums up my life. Of course it is just the basic structure. It is amazing I can fit stuff in there like yoga, groceries, dishes and such.

No comments: