Saturday, May 17, 2008

Swimming and Eating

Today at swim class, Raffi actually verbalized and appeared slightly more at ease. His face was still stern like a rock, but I think he is warming up to the whole thing. Sometimes, I think he believes he is in the pool for me, so just deals with it.

The instructor had us sit our child on the edge of the pool and jump/push off into the water and into our arms. Raffi would lean forward as he was about to fall and close his eyes and I would catch him as most of his body would go in the water. It was just amazing to see him come to me like that. He totally trusts me. He doesn't like the big pool but mom, she is ok. After several of these leaps of faith, he then would just sit on the wall and make noises.

"I know these tricks" he probably thought, "If I jump in the water, you are just going to put me back on the wall, so I'll just stay here,...look a toy!"

That afternoon, I was tuckered out, so we both took a nap. It was wonderful.

Saturday afternoon naps...beautiful.

No comments: