Saturday, May 10, 2008

Yeh!

I'm so excited. Raffi did a commando style crawl this evening. He hasn't quite gotten to getting his belly off the ground, but he was doing a great job. I have a video of it, but haven't downloaded yet. He also seems to be talking more, previously his "talking" was verbal grunts and other noises without opening his mouth. Suddenly today, he seems to be more verbal.

It is amazing and shows my lack of faith. On Wed of this week, we were at our yoga class and a baby girl around Raffi's adjusted age start crawling, clapping and saying mama and dada. The sacred parent rule is to never compare your baby to other babies. Of course, what do I do? I freak out and get depressed, worrying about Raffi's development. And here he goes, him and God, showing me STOP WORRYING YOU FOOL! Well maybe not exactly those words but something pretty close.

So anyway. I'm humbled and our little boy is growing up. wow.

2 comments:

Kathy Collard Miller said...

That a boy, Raffi! Yippee!

Karen said...

Besides, if I remember right, girls develop faster than boys anyway! Aunt Ker