Friday, March 13, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel.


That last blog has been nagging at me, a dark cloud hanging in written word and all I needed to do was write another post. And I couldn't do it. I really had a bad day. I felt much better the next day. Today, I finally got the dishes and kitchen clean; the house had mirrored my mood this week. It has been a disaster. It was good to do a little cleaning, very cathartic.

In movie, Finding Demo, Dory the fish was singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." That sort of rings in my ears but I replace it with "just keep living, just keep praying" and so forth. It is a nice little tune. Raffi's ears are going to get "fixed" and that is a big relief. I hope it helps him stay healthier and increases his developmentally. Oh, and that reminds me of some good news.

Raffi began to feed himself with a spoon on Monday. It was really messy and progressively has gotten better as the week has gone on. It is mainly with oatmeal, it is sticky and a good start for him. We also stopped feeding him baby food. We lasted longer with it than others I believe because we wanted him to eat and he was finicky on a lot of textures. Raffi's broadening his horizons on that front. Besides his stable of pineapple, he has eaten some tangelos and other fruit. I need to work harder on the vegetables. I haven't figured out the way to prepare them that he will eat them. I guess that is the mom's mantra for now on "eat your veges."

I know my family and friends who read this blog are praying for me and I say thank you.

1 comment:

tara said...

Dearest Darcy,
Here is my favorite prayer:
Lord, grant me the serenty to accept the things I cannot change,
the strength to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
I think you left a comment on my blog a few weeks ago when I was beating myself up - and you know, I just want to hug you from all the way over here. Hang in there sweetie! Everything happens for a reason - You hit a vulnerability - rear ended, with your child - that is frightening! I'm so glad you are both safe. I'm sure the residuals you are feeling is a sort of post traumatic stress. It's okay - you dont' have to be superwoman.We all love you and are with you in thoughts.
Your son is beautiful. I love looking at your blog. He looks great - happy, strong, and sweet. I am so happy for you!
Sending you good thoughts and lots of love! - Tara