Friday, February 15, 2008

Small measured successes

I feel in general that I'm getting better situated with all this staying at home with a baby thing. While I was pregnant, I had grand plans for all the organizing projects and great meals I would make once I was able to stay home. (Insert hearty laugh here.) The first thing I realized was that I was lucky to go to the bathroom during the day let alone organize pictures or saute chicken with wine sauce.

It has been over six months since Raffi came home from the hospital and Doug went back to work. Just recently, I have felt some measured success in achieving some items on my "To Do" lists and making macaroni and cheese on occasion. I've learned small 20 minute or less increments when Raffi is content to play in his gym, then I can unload the dishwasher.

I've also noticed that it is far easier to go to the mall than to clean the bathroom, but far more expensive. The stroller hikes and mama/baby yoga classes have been a positive activity to get out of the house and connect with other people. Sometimes I get tired, ok most times and I start to whine. Then I think of all my girlfriends who I think almost all have a toddler and a baby, and I am amazed. I don't know how you do it! Two or more of them. oh my.

Overall, I am happy. I love my son and surprisingly (knowing my history, if not that's for another post) I love being his mom. I wouldn't change a thing.

well...maybe I'd have a maid and a bigger house.

No comments: