Saturday, February 2, 2008

Too much?

I might of done a little too much today. I tried to throw a bunch of stuff in at the same time and was a little overwhelmed. I worked on the mess that is my house, while my friend Julie entertained Raffi and myself. Later I started chocolate chip cookies. This is the first time I used my new kitchen aid mixer and it was awesome. I love it! Then I decided to saute chicken breasts using a new recipe and a wine, shallot, mushroom sauce. In between all this I nursed Raffi and he occasionally napped on my lap. While I was in my cooking frenzy, Doug played with Raffi, which turned to attempted distraction when he wanted my attention. Then I emptied the clean dishwasher and cleaned the dirty dishes. I had made quite a mess and for once didn't want to leave it to Doug. (Although he is a good dish washer.) I got to bed tonight to put Raffi down and I felt tired. Which over all is a good thing. It was productive. One thing is I felt a little rushed and the weird thing is that I haven't routinely felt this since I quit my job. That brings a smile to my face. Staying home and caring for Raphael, I have made my time line oh so flexible. I really enjoy how my lists to do are more flowing ideas or suggestions that I get too when I can. I can use this day to be thankful and enjoy this new daily mantra.

No comments: